Moving is quite a tedious process with a lot of details. As part of the Moving process, there are some items that are inherent to the Moving process. Moving boxes are the primary constituent, but no move is actually complete without Moving supplies.
Moving supplies facilitate the Moving process. They are used to assist in the move, give extra protection or to finish the actual Packing. There are a lot of Moving supplies available. Duct tape, bubble wrap, Packing sheets, Packing paper, mattress covers, furniture pads/protectors, edge protectors, seals, Packing peanuts and markers are some of the Moving accessories.
Here is a brief description of the different types of Moving supplies:
- Tape - There are many types of tape available. Clear tapes, mailing tapes, Moving tape kits etc. Tape is very convenient and useful especially in binding the Moving boxes. Most tape comes with dispensers and requires no scissors or knives.
- Moving tape kits - The tapes are color-coded and the names of the room or articles can be written on the tape, this saves a lot of time and helps in identifying and organizing the Packing process.
- Covers and bags - There are bags that allow storing items in less space than they would usually occupy by vacuum sealing the bag to reduce the occupied spaces a great deal. The bags are waterproof, reusable and are available in many different sizes.
- Mattress bags - They help protect mattress and keep them clean from dust, water or any other damage during transporting. They can be put on easily and come in single, double, queen and king sized bags.
- Wrapping Paper - Wrapping paper is used for packaging kitchen items, figurines and other articles so the articles can be moved safely.
- Packing Peanuts – Biodegradable, environment friendly and made out of thermocol or polystyrene, these peanuts are helpful in transporting breakable items.
- Bubble wrap - These are essential to Packing and Moving. They are good for fragile items as well as electronic goods, paintings, crystals, etc.
- Furniture protectors - These pads protect the furniture from any damage during Moving. They are reusable and come in different sizes for different types of tables, sofas, curio stands, etc.
|International Moving Tips|
The most important factor to ensure a smooth and successful international relocation is to select the right international movers for the job.
It is not recommended that you pack you own boxes. Because of the distance and the haul, you should let the professionals handle the wrapping and boxing of your belongings. If your move is temporary, you will have the luxury of storing a great deal of your belongings. Moving storage facilities are both affordable and convenient. Many storage companies will even pick up and deliver your items. However, if storage is not an option, take the time to do some research into what appliances will work in your new home. Since different countries operate on different plug types or voltage, most electrical appliances will require some sort of adapter. You might want to consider selling or donating your current appliances. It will save you the hassle of dealing with tricky adapters and the money you save in not shipping the appliances you can use for new appliances.