International Moving Services
We understand that a International Relocation requires a lot of work - we are here to handle the job. Moving can be an emotional and exciting experience. However, the task of selecting a trustworthy international Moving company to make sure your possessions are well taken care of can be very difficult. At Hollywood Move, we aren't only an interstate Moving service and Local movers, we are also a reputable international Moving company. When you choose us as your overseas movers, we’ll get you into your new home and country as quickly as possible, and we’ll do everything we can to make the process of settling in as worry-FREE as it can be. To get started on the right foot, some important things to consider when planning an overseas move are:
- Does everyone who is making the trip, including pets, have all the proper vaccinations required by the destination country?
- Do you have all the correct visas and paperwork for when you arrive at your new home?
- Will your international Moving company pack and load your possessions for you? International moves can take a long time, up to a month in some cases, and it is important that your overseas movers know how to correctly wrap and pack your things to prevent damage during the trip.
- Make official copies of important documents such as birth and marriage certificates, social security cards, medical and dental records, employment records, academic certifications and diplomas, proof of citizenship or residency, etc.
- If your move is only temporary, find out if your international Moving company also offers storage of your things. Georgia Pack and Load has a 38,000 square foot storage facility to keep your belongings safe while you are away.
- Obtain an extended supply of any prescription medications you or family members may need.
What Not to move: Many articles of household goods cannot be shipped internationally (plants, foods, flammables). You should also be informed, if known, of custom regulations to identify any boycotted manufactures or materials which are prohibited in the destination country, such as liquor, fire arms or ammunition. You can Contact the nearest consular of the destination country and obtain a copy of the latest customs regulations. Custom duty for importation of automobiles varies from country to country and is sometimes extremely high. Pets are forbidden in some countries and others may require an entry permit, health and rabies certificates or a quarantine period up to six months or longer at the owners expense.
Packing For International Moving: Packing for an overseas move is very different from that of a move within the United States. Everything must be wrapped and arranged inside large waterproof plywood, metal or fiberglass boxes called lift vans or loaded directly into ship containers (20 ft and 40 ft). You should NOT pack your own goods. Due to recent terrorist threats, self-Packing is not allowed. The Public Health Security and Bio terrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002 dictates what can and cannot be done on international moves. All items not boxed are and should be wrapped in a thick corrugated brown paper. Everything is then fitted into the container.
Completion of several documents should be completed to avoid complications at destination. Applications for these forms should be made as far as in advance as possible. Passports, Certificate of Registration, US Export Forms, Visa, Residence and Work Permits, Medical and Immunization Certificates, International Driving Permits, and Marriage Certificate.