Here are some additional general moving tips that will be advantageous to consider during your move:
Check the Calendar
- Certain times of the year are busier moving times. It's wise to plan ahead and make sure there is availability on the day you want to move.
- It is important to book your moving services well ahead to secure your ideal moving date.
- Remember that time is important on moving day. For instance, if you have a waterbed, it is likely to take around two hours to empty the water! So plan ahead and consider doing certain tasks the night before.
Don't Make Avoidable Mistakes
- When looking for properties, don't forget to measure the space for your refrigerator and other kitchen or laundry appliances.
- Find out if your homeowner's or renter's insurance policy covers your belongings in transit.
- It is important to remember that all pools and spas that can hold water must have appropriate barriers to prevent access by young children.
- It's a good idea to compare measurements of the doorways and hallways in your new home. You may actually need to sell or donate some items.
- Don't forget to be environmentally friendly! Flatten all your moving boxes for recycling. Many moving companies will pick them up after your move.